See also Fr Patten’s Chronicle, which appeared in instalments in Our Lady’s Mirror between Winter 1936 and Summer 1939. This contained in chronological sequence every reference to medieval Walsingham that he had found over the years, collected in preparation for his intended history of the medieval priory. The series ended because of the outbreak of War, and was not continued thereafter.
The Site of The Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham, 1934
An Account of some recent discoveries on the site of the
Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham Norfolk
a much larger booklet, with illustrations, 1938 : this is the rapidly-produced second impression of the first edition (not shown here),which had contained several errorsclick on the picture to see a scanned copy
The illustrations from this booklet are repeated below for convenience.Hubert Adderley (1886-1961), 6th Baron Norton, whose signed drawing of the foundations is at the end of the booklet, was a Guardian 1935-61. His son John (1915-1993), 7th Baron Norton, was also a Guardian 1967-93, and it is after him that the Shrine’s Norton’s Café-Bar is named.